Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Holi

Yes its holi today........ I come to office enormously late (10:55 my watch reads, when i signed in the register for my temporary id... i'd forgotten my id at home). When i enter there are a bunch of people (northis mostly) standing and talking... at that point i had no clue that it was south indian holi day... such things tend to slip my mind these days... I have a hard time remembering my parents' anniversary and stuff like that....

Anyways, the batallion came and ripped thru us poor lambs like lamb chops being made out of lambs by butchers..... As i write this, I am mostly covered in purple ( I also have a poor color sense so it could be some other color too.... imagine something dark bluish) with shades of green, yellow and red also adorning my sick face........ I just let them do whatever they wanted to do.... a consenting rape victim.... a paradox

This activity reminded me of the days when we used to chase and get chased with eggs, filled with silver, the deadliest holi weapon known to mankind.... it was deadly cos of the humiliation of the egg and the stubbornness of the egg yolk..... jus wont go off u !! And instantly, as i was saying "Happy holi" and hugging strangers now and being "teeeka"ed, I was filled with a sudden sense of intense sadness..... this is in continuation with the way ive been feeling lately..... so it wasnt a surprise...... The past has been haunting me nowadays too much for my liking......

As i sit here amidst all the "hue" and cry (get it ?!?! :) ), I am bored of life..... If somebody got shot here on cunningham road, I would jus say "huh ! never seen THAT before" and walk on.....

:|||||||||||

P.S : No more he/she s here Krishna....... and no, this blog wasnt easy to write either.....

4 comments:

Krishna said...

And guess what i got on Holi in my office. 1 guy coming up to my desk and saying 'Holi mubarak'! Thats it.

And ya, those eggs are the most potent weapons ever! I'm reminded of certain incidents when I used to bully other small kids around my house. (U will remember too!)

Ah good ol' days!

Ashwin said...

I got 5-6 mails saying "hAPPY hOLI" . I sent out a few mails sayin the same thing!!! Only traces of holi colors I have are the leftover ones on the floor by others with which I stamped my foot on .. Err!!

Unknown said...

Man - I still remember getting splattered with an egg on our "katte" by our chyna! Hajaam nan maga!

Shantanu said...

Hey delay regretted, but its done on the auspicious Holi-day