Thursday, December 28, 2006

Prank

Dear Diary,

I was recently the victim (no no too harsh a word obviously...), the target rather, of a rather well thought out practical joke...

Dust that coats my hat, is from a dozen towns
Dust from shooting down another dozen clowns (should get this line outta my head...)


The purpose of this blog is for me to have a record of it and for others to enjoy my endurance :)

At approximately 3 pm in the afternoon i receive a call on my phone sayin there is an emergency situation at one of the places where our product has been installed...You see I was acting as 'off hours' support @ work during the holiday period, which extended from 25th Dec to Jan 1st..

Now you mite say, hey! 3 pm definitely isnt 'off hours' is it?! Yep! Introducing u to the bozo, the MTV bakra who fell for the prank hook line and sinker! I was kinda anticipating a call in the holiday period and jumped at the first opportunity...

The details of the call are unimportant here...Mainly because they further expose my stupidity and gullibility, of not having caught on to the fact that the caller was fed some cleverly procured information specifically designed to deceive the callee aka me...

Anyways I bought the fact that there is an emergency and started working on it!! As Griz says, the laptop was out in three seconds!! (commitment to work to be noted here) and before I could think of anything else, I had called somebody else from work to alert them of the emergency and I could feel my body heating up and my pulse quickening...

And then I receive the phone call from the perpetrator, revealing all....The 'mastermind' so to speak...And in the heat of the moment, it still took me a while to realise that it was a prank...Yep thats how caught up I was.......

what a FANTASTIC prank alla??? Especially when its holiday season and u are quite bugged and bored and want to have some FUN!!

Well, was fun atleast, ATLEAST for the people who thought this out and contributed to this brilliant scheme...Am truly honored to have been a part of this and personally thank everyone involved...


Q(uite) E(asily) D(one)

5 comments:

Krishna said...

Please give more details! Who were the perpetrators?

Ashwin said...

I never knew u had a laptop

Pragnya said...

Yeah! even i dint know u had a laptop!
Perpetrators I am guessing are Padma, Griz and Gauri maybe?

Pragnya said...

Wait a sec...Is this blog itself a prank?! Now i dunno if you urself told me this, or its just me guessing here(If I am right abt this prank then I am pretty sure its the former).
And if this blog is indeed a prank, it is the second time I have been fooled over the last 3 days :( and I've played spoil sport here!
If its(i mean this blog) not a prank, then the original prank was too good.
Okie will stop now, am confusing myself here!

sheetal said...

good one..
but i thought QED is the acronym for Quad Erat Demonstrandum (or something like that)