Tuesday, April 18, 2006

duniya goal hai !!!

What a saying !! I saw taht in one of the world cup ads recently ! Incredible alla ?!

Anyways, this post is dedicated to me playing football recently again.... The setting was perfect ! It was to prove my mettle, but in a place where there were neither too many ppl nor was it a good ground n all ! (I know I am no big shot, but there aint no harm in expecting a lush green field n all :P )

So seven ppl gathered for this call up for team selections for a 5 a side tournament in my company.... name not taken for ahem... uh... err.... u know.... for ....... NO REASON :D :P

Hence since we all were thus football enthusiasts (Hence and thus not needed alla?) we decided not to leave without "kicking the ball once"... That turned into a 4 vs 3 match.... Yeah u guessed it right ! ur hero was on the latter side ! A floating goalie, one floating midfielder and one floating striker (all me in different points in time ... thribble acting wah !! :P ) was the formation for those keeping track.... But lemme just outline some of my moments and contributions in a game that we won (yeah baby !! I was keeping score mentally :P :D .... "I'm so hollow baby I'm so hollow" )

1) Mr opponent on right hand wing gets the ball and is moving along the flanks with considerable (over) confidence... Mr Murali is defender at that moment..... Close ur legs (cos keep ur legs open and whoosh a pass thru them !) , watch the ball and opponent's feet, and make a tackle at the right time !!! Thats a score, danger averted !!!

2) opponents rushing onwards with full josh and stamina (yeah early part of the game... otherwise soft engs and stamina ?!!? Opposite ends of the football pitch id say)... Mr opponent takes one too many luxurious heavy touches, and ball lands at Mr Murali who is defender turning into attacking midfielder (I'd to grow some hair to make that transition :D ).... Undeterred and aiming to get possession back opponent charges like wiiiiiiiild buffalo (gooli, emme, Kona, etthu etc etc pick one)... Murali does clean calm cool collected, come core c ctarting cwords, nutmeg on opponent to move on .... hee hee sakkath maja banthu

3) Murali boy is now on left flank, having just got possession of the ball.... In the center is a team mate screaming for the ball (u know how they get.... glory hoggers !)... Murali keeps looking at the opponent, each moment playing the ball down the flank lil bit more, does a dummy pass to the center only to drag it forward and shoot at the goal at the last minute !!! Bravo Bravo !! Stunning shot on his weaker foot.....

One guy even asked me whether i played for pesit (my college) !!!!!!!

U'd be thinking by now.... Sari... Hoda ivnu.... Into that land where he is all hyper for no reason.... Lost blabbering blah blah..... Three things brought me back down to earth

1) The fact that if i keep doing such things, It'll lose the charm
2) Raj Kumar being covered in Crime Diary (where's the connection Ravi ?!?!? )
3) We all gotta die someday.........

P.S : Dots left on purpose.... Football terms not explained cos, lets face it who cares !!!!! Comment bisaaki beku andre....

7 comments:

Krishna said...

sakkathagi bardidiya!

Murali said...

I know !

:smug

Padma said...

Good JOB!! So now that you are officially in the HP football team, will you be playing with teams from other Companies?? If so, kick IBM's arse!!! Because, on my orientation day, I remember being told that IBM are one of our prime competitors! Good Luck..

Anonymous said...

Cool dude... damn I miss those days football from 4 to 7 everyday :P

Murali said...

@padma : Thanksu Thanksu ! If only people turn up and they dont push me onto the reserve team, I will certainly kick IBM's arse for u ! Revenge for old times eh?! :)

@Haas : Hoon maga.... My close quarters control skills were developed there totally and completely !! God bless box field !!

Anonymous said...

Sami Hyypia was looking over you... Good! You did learn some defending from me afterall :D :P

- Srini

Anonymous said...

I wish Mr Hyypia would be nearer to dish out some other kinds of advice too !!

Bega baa maga !

- Murali