Sunday, May 14, 2006

Ama'j'ing

Time : 4:30 PM
Date : 14th May, 2006 a Sunday

Hmm...

Just back from another 'reunion'......For a guy who had always felt sort of detached from 'the gang' near my old house, two reunions in two weeks might seem hard on the guy. But it was ok. The only thing hard to digest after this meeting was probably the pizza we ate.

The participants of this rendezvous were different. One significant difference I must say. After ages, I met Hemanth. And I must say, it felt good. It felt good to be in the midst of those old johnnies (Sheeni and Manu being the others....Altho sheeni i meet often, in the presence of the "boys" its a totally different setting). The chat topics were mostly on the amusing side obviously,sustaining heavily based on the events of the past. But there were some present life based updates (mostly from hemanth and lil from manu...you wont believe what all hemanth has been upto ! ), some clouds gathered in the atmos and we all limited ourselves to listening intently and raptly to the speaker, be the talk be about the movie that hemanth just finished making or manu's current love interest(Dont freak oh co red devil, not a lot of ppl who read this know u! :) )

But as i was saying, these meetings have a tendency to get to you a tad. Cos of all the memories that we no doubt, without fail, somehow, tend to relive. Most of them are happy. And that is the hardest part (FUcking crazy song by coldplay). It contrasts so much with the present, it leaves u with a feeling "ah! the simpler times !".........And of course no matter how detached i felt, there were so many ppl around.....I was never alone................................

(I wish I could just keep writing dots for a long time now....)

And of course there is that one person associated with my old neighborhood, who manages to crop up in the innards of my brain everytime i even think abt my past. Hemanth promptly brought the topic up just as we were heading homewards, after a nice cup of filter coffee (slowly becoming a huge fan) from kalmane coffee (THE jaynagar's THE hangout ! Rocks beyond all comprehension !) cos lets face it....He was very much part and parcel of what happened and hence brought it up....But I must say I was pleasantly surprised and caught off guard by this thoughtful enquiry by this obscure weird man......I told him in as calm a way as possible the existing situation, and we departed with a "Touch alli irana"..........

He he........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap you guys met up... super cool dude :). Did u happen to get Hemanth's number... I hv been in touch with Manu lately but mostly via msg. So who else was there from the old neighbourhood.

Unknown said...

Che - no one appreciates my timely PJs! :(

:D :D

Murali said...

@Haas : Holy crap yes ! Yeah I got hemanth's number too....but a lil bit public place to reveal it, what? After all secrecy and seclusion are his mantras ! :P

@Srini : THey are esthu appreciated anta ninge inna gottilla maga....Super time u provide us with everytime !! :)

Manu said...

I hate not coming online. I hate missing super posts like this. Ama-jing time indeed kano...cha i had to comment earlier! Onwards and upwards, athos!