Monday, September 03, 2007

Dedication deference delirium

Well I forgot what the third 'D' was so put in the first word that popped into my head that started with 'D'

Most of my blog readers should probably know by now what this post is about, broadly :)-

Yeah yeah I went back to our dear old P.E.S.I.T... No block pants, No running to class at 8.10 am but a casual, almost superior air...Watching young blokes and blokies meandering around, wearing funky shirts and sun glasses...Did not feel old though...

Almost every glance at something familiar brought back a memory...The famous prepaid parking area, the canteen, the cricket pitch, the "new block", the lifts, the audi etc etc

Had been there to talk to my dear HOD about a recommendation letter...Its quite simple apparently, the whole process...What surprised me was the warmth which she afforded me...Lets face it, I didn't depart from college with a very flowery ending...Part of the class with whom the lecturers had their "no speech" morcha, Amazingly brazen interchanges with lecturers about internships and projects...The personal ad writes itself :D

But the point I want to drive college err home is this :

Everywhere I went, I missed the people who I wanted to be there with...Walk the same grounds with them that I used to, visit the places and waste time and comment aimlessly about topics that we werent/were concerned about...And it hit me how THIS was the place where I met some people who are still around in my life...Who've made some kind of impact on me...Who were different people back then, but nonetheless, are still around...

P.S : I dono if I got the first two "D"s in the subject line right!

4 comments:

Padma said...

Discipline is one of it, deference is another, I don't remember the third 'D'


PS : Please remove word verification if it is not too much trouble..

Murali said...

Ah Discipline...Thanks

PS : I have removed word verification...It was not too much trouble..

Krishna said...

Probably why I really want to & don't want to go to college again, at the same time. :)

Goley said...

u know wat.. i felt the same way when i went to college on 15th august last year, and then later to get my recos :)

P.S : god bless u for removing the word verification.. now i wont wonder everytime, "wat kinda sadistic pleasure does he get out of making us do this" :-/