Thursday, April 19, 2007

God bless Bangalore Traffic!

Yeah! you don't get to hear THIS one a lot right??

But I'll tell you why...

As I approached Lal Bagh XXXX (i never get 'em right!), and God decided to say "Okai, open the sprinklers now...No no we'll go with max force this time", and I said to myself "only coupla kms to go to my house now...will I get drenched enough??", the Bangalore traffic rose to the occasion and splendidly blocked my path delaying me gettin to my house!! And I couldn't help but thank all those crazy, hurried, indisciplined brothers and sisters...And one song ran thru my mind :

Yeah, here comes the water
It comes to wash away the sins of you and I
This time you see
Like holy water.....

- Slither by Velvet Revolver

Water has always been a fascinating thing to me...My mom tells me that I used to revel in my bath tub (yeah had one back when i was a tot too!! :D ) splashin around, takin my time...And as I grew up, my fascination grew with water in its magnificence and grandeur and its healing properties(believe me I'm not kidding here!)...

And tonight was something I'd been waitin for... Those ppl in the rain gettin all cautious, those extraordinarily long traffic signals makin you feel as though u were standin under a steady waterfall, that coooold wind coupled with the rain which makes you shudder and take a slight gasp! , those cute couples holding each others hands and running as though all hell has broken loose with just a book or something over their heads, that look on mom and dad's face as I arrive home drippin' all over, that hot coffee to return your body to normal temp within 20 seconds...

ahh! izzaaaaaaaaaaalllguuuuud!! :D

1 comment:

sheetal said...

Loved the coffee part of the blog. And man! do i miss Bangalore :(