Sunday, March 18, 2007

What a day!!!

Time : 12:12 AM (Sunday the 18th)

Mental State : Doped, Delirious

Physical State : Aching body parts, notably neck and left leg...Pinky toe of right leg numb


Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem for me Bangalore (ROOOOOOOOOOOOARRR!!!!)
Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem for me Bangalore (Bigger ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOARRRR!!)

You just can't deny Bruce Dickinson...But wait! I'm getting ahead of myself! For to justify the title of this post, I'll have to rewind to the mornin!

A rather quick sojourn on my Discover caused self to be present in Yelahanka at around 11:10 am! (35 mins I took i think). Ive always loved this place, the calm area, the ppl here etc etc

So once I knew that I'd be going to palace grounds on the 17th of March (details below ;) ), I thought I'd visit my dear friend Krishna :) And such a quick visit it turned out to be! Cos time reeeeeeeeeeally flew from 11:10 am to 2:45 pm when I left, amidst us trying to watch 'Being Cyrus' and our visit to coffee day and the oh so delicious dinner! It had been a looooooong time since I'd eaten so much that it filled me upto my neck! And Krishna threw a in chocobar that I can never resist I think :D Innumerable thanks to Krishna and his family for the whole half of Saturday!! I was extremely happy post the visit to his house and in the right mood to attack Palace Grounds...Thanks Kris :)

And so I entered the arena! Parking...Easily found, to my surprise...Entry into the grounds...Even easier! Just a coupla frisks and I was looking at a sea of people who were united by their love for Iron Maiden! And in this plethora, I was to locate one Mr Srinivas...Boy am I glad that I was with him for the whole show!? Thanks Srini for making this show rock for me :)

Found him and his colleagues gathered somewhere and showing off their newly bought t shirts and sipping pepsis which seemed to have a rather generous amount of water in them :)
And then the painful wait.....

.......

The whole evening could be described as a sinusoidal entertainment package! FTN (a band), winners of Campus Rock Idol competition, sucked big time! But then came Parikrama to solve all that! Oh the violin, oh the vocals, oh the whole band!!! God bless you and inspire you to create more such music and live forever!

Then came Lauren Harris who sucked too...She was just hot and running around stage, which is a turn off kinda...But then her father and his band came on stage to just fuckin kick some ass!!!

I won't go into the details, cos most songs will be unknown to my readers...But the ones I enjoyed most were The Trooper, Fear of the Dark and Hallowed be Thy Name.. And in the remaining songs, most of which I hadn't heard a lot before, Kattu was there right next to me, giving super trivia, and just sharing his enthu with me to keep going!! You deserved last night and all the fun Sheeni! :)

Never have I found myself, without the stamina/strength to sing!! I opened my mouth at the end of Hallowed be thy name to say "Hallowed be thy name" and I could only get till "be"....What came out was just exhaustion cos Maiden rocked sooooooooo much that I remember thanking God somewhere in the middle for having created the world or something like that! :D :P

There is something about 20,000 people screaming and singing songs with you, which gets to you and causes your adrenaline go thru the roof! :)

Oh Well, wherever, wherever you are,
Iron Maiden's gonna get you, no matter how far!!!!!

I was at EddFest!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Fear of the dark was the best!! Such lovely crowd chanting!!!!

Hajaam nan maklu Deccan Herald nalli ivattu "Beware of the dark" anta heLidaare - yentha ghora avamaana! :D

Pragnya said...

Lots of people have woken up with a sore neck today i suppose :D

Madhu said...

errata(?) did Krishna's folks server you delicious 'dinner'?