Friday, May 08, 2009

Age of In-no-sense

So Girish has these sudden urges...

Whoa that first sentence didn't come out right at all!

So Girish has sudden surges of interest in waking up early morning and playing/going for a jog or something, and just so that there's a motivational factor, he asked me to come along...

So he arrives a few minutes late (hah! :P ) as usual and we do the needful and exert ourselves in the sun, and are sitting down chatting like tired old men, when the youngudgee comes along...

youngudgee : "Hi do you have a coupla minutes?"

At this point, we've already noticed her moving about with pamphlets in her hand, with a spring in her step, being the usual teenager but with a social cause, talking to people...so we're mildly interested that a prettyish young girl is talking to us...

Us : "Yeah hi...go on" (don't imagine a chorus...the collective output was that..)

youngudgee : "This is about ...blah blah...art of living....blah blah...course...for "kids in the age group of 8-18"


Us : (Looks at each other with suppressed giggles) "So we look like we're between 8 and 18?!?"

youngudgee : (flustered) "Uh...(shit crap!) no.... maybe you can bring your kids or some other small children or kids........."

In a span of 10 seconds, our age meter fizzed between impishly young to responsibly parental...Right at the end I said, "Sure I'll bring my kids along" just as, you know, a joke...the stupid thing i do...

And she giggled and sweetly smiled and said "you don't look like you have kids you know?" and all the cover up for the double faux pas and ran away like a jinke mari na?

But in retrospect, that sentence seems a bit scary....

"I'll bring my kids along"
"I'll bring my kids along" (echo 1)
"I'll bring my kids along" (echo 2)
..........

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so, I arrive a little late??? I???

I?!?

which dumb f*ck was watching a stupid IPL matches late night and dint even finish it!?!


cute girl though... jinke mari alright! :)

i wanted to involve her in a philo-so-fi(e)cal :P conversation, but then, wotodlu.

Murali said...

Which dumb eff you (:P) see kay DIDN'T watch swalpa kooda match, slept early AND came late?!

:draws out lazer sword

Karan said...

LOL!

Unknown said...

naayi, i was there at 6:45... u came late at 6:50.

:programmingRedeemer

Ashwin said...

same prob I faced when i went to buy a dress for my cousins daughter.. In SPAR.

A lady( definitely not the Jinke mari that u guys faced) asked..

Is this for ur child?? I was like duh! Just show me a dress.. y bother whose kid it is!