Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Do I look like a dumb f**k?

Advertisements bring out the passionate side in me...

I can broadly classify ads that I see into three categories:

1. Indifferent/bored/would shoot the ad maker just for fun if he/she was in front of me
2. Excited and in awe of concept/production!
3. Seriously cheated/angry

We all know which category we're gunna talk about now...

Case 1: Compla(i)n

A pretty woman with a bunch of other 'moms' flit off to a research institute where a rather disposable (I'd use a shotgun for him...) quack explains the benefits of Complan on the tallness/height of "growing children"...He says that "a kid who drank complan grew taller by 6 cms whereas the kid who didn't grew taller only by 3 cms"

CMS !!!!!

Do I look like dumb.... instance no. 1

Case 2: Idea

Sachin sitting on a stool
Sachin holding a placard on his number
Sachin trying to act, going "fhlae bli da gloobin tchich phfhgtth call keejiye"
Sachin trying to sell us a brand AGAIN...and it probably working AGAIN

I got plenty irritated and called the bloody number...Forgot to add the '0' at the head first, so got scolded by sarcastically-fake-lady on the phone.

Second time added the '0'...

"pup"
"pup"
"pup"

Call gets cut...No "Hi!! Sachin is bizee right now adjusting and re-adjusting his cap on the fields of SA for his team, the Mumbai Indians...Please don't leave a msg and go do your job!" offered or anything!

WHAT an Idea Sirjee.....

P.S : For those who think I called the number to actually talk to Sachin aka a boyhood fantasy or something, please come and meet me in person...

2 comments:

Padma said...

Where is case 3?

Unknown said...

the cases dont map to the categories of ads... shoot me!