Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I LOVE TRAINS!

Pal do pal ka, saath hamaara
Pal do pal ke, yaarane.....

Lines from a legen dairy movie called "The Burning Train"...Pretty star studded line up in the movie (Amitabh missing though...hmmm)

Anyways, these two lines were reverberating inside my head as I got off the Kachiguda express...It is rather hard (not impossible) to sit in a train for close to 10 hours and not have adventures...

AARGGH!

was the expression inside my head as I was lugging the nearly 12 Kilo luggage bag towards the train, making mental notes of never travelling with somebody who's completed a week long trip! But I get to the door of our compartment and voila!, there she was...

She was talkin on the phone walkin up and down the small corridor outside the compartment...I forcefully tear myself away from her and start lugging the monstrosity of a bag onto the train...We just arrive at our seats and the train starts moving!

She comes back...And she's in our compartment...AND she's reading a book called 'SHANTARAM'...AND she's all alone and silent and brooding and mysterious...The plot thickens....

Turns out my sis in law knows a few of the ppl riding with us in our compartment, so after a while of chit chat, a gang of 6-7 ppl are playing UNO. Midway, a (desperate?) side of me wakes up and asks her 'u wanna join us?'...She gives a shyish super smile and says "No thanks..." with the eyebrow lowering and what not, to put me in what knots! (Background song : Ye uthe subah chale, ye jhuke shaam dhaleeeee...)

UNO can get boring, u know, and there comes a time when u have to throw up ur hands (after placing the cards down) and say 'Enuf!'...That time is dinner time.

We munch on some home made fuud (I luvya ma!) and wash our hands off it (literally)...But she's just sitting there, without dinner...My sis in law asks her about her dinner, and she says it was supposed to come, but hasn't, and probably won't...And throw in the sympathy angle, on top of all the alluring mystery...

At guntkal (God bless that station!), she gets down to get some dinner...
And I get down to find some courage!...And the privacy which had been eluding me ever since i got on the chuku buku...

A very well utilized 25 minute break, i started the conversation with a lame, albeit effective "you hadn't got anything for dinner??"........

Bottom line : I spoke to a girl I didn't know, rather pretty/cute n all, and almost got her interested in me (She asked me what I do for weekends! Some of u may be going 'aaaah THATs what u r basing her interest in u on?' but don't :-) )...It was sad that I couldn't take it further than that, cos of various reasons...But more importantly, it was one sweet short and interesting moment that happened inside God's blessing to travelling mankind : a train...

Cheerios!

4 comments:

Madhu said...

'bas deewangi deewangi deewangi hai....'

Goley said...

awwww.. so?? did u take her number?? talk to her again??

shrikanth said...

Dude... ur ONE lucky guy.. leave aside, ME being able to talk to someone i dont know, on a train or NOT... i haven even had the luck of ever travelling with a rather pretty/cute girl, EVER...

shrikanth said...

oooh.. btw... Shrikanth here.. :D, releasing my identity here, for ur convenience...