Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I cry, when angels deserve to die...

It is a sin to be a good samaritan. Atleast, ur rewards aren't what you expect (Was I even expecting something?)

The scene is the square which holds the Coffee day in one corner. You will find a plethora of vehicles, on all the four roads, converging towards the center. And a rather generous display of uncouth, undisciplined driving at that.

So I come to a halt near the center, thinking I should try to help the jam. So I slowly back up one foot in my two wheeler and slightly touch the activa behind me. He says "aye aye aye aye AYE!" at first and before I can understand whats going on and utter an apology, he (with his wife and a small kid) are right next to me asking me to move to the side (I'm pretty much towards the centre of the road). Now I'd have offered some explanation as to why i was exhibiting inertia in a traffic jam, had he not have started uttering extremely vulgar swear words. I, amidst shock and anger, say "I'm not gonna go anywhere...you can go around me". (There was enough room). At this point, time T, he threatens to hit me. At time T+1 another guy props on the other side asking me to move. And as I turn to answer him, the first guy gives me one around the head.

I realize at this point that my temparature has reached the boiling point of blood. But I couldn't hit him. Civility, Nobility, the sight of a female with a kid and I don't know what else constrained me as I trembled against the strongest of impulses to throw a few back (I'm strongly ruing it now). He didn't stop cursing my mother...

So much for my social tendencies. I need some rehab...

On an aside, I observed that most ppl there were angry/impatient. Is there not one minute they can spare to allow another to pass, which COULD resolve the traffic jam? Apparently not. I made a mistake today and learnt it the hard way.

Seene mein jalan, aankhon mein toofan sa kyu hai?
Is sheher mein har shaks pareshaan sa kyu hai?

P.S : Anybody who reads this post and thinks that I'm a sissy or something like that, will be in for a rude shock...

3 comments:

Krishna said...

You shouldn't have let him go. I'm not saying you should've hit him back, but something else like you could've snatched off his bike keys or his son or something! ;)

Murali said...

Oh shoot!
I WAS looking for 'a son' to kickstart my small hadron collider project.... (first thing that popped into my head)

Unknown said...

a 'Sun' may be..