Sunday, September 07, 2008

Wisdom Tooth

is a misnomer, as most of you probably know already.

A wisdom tooth is actually the 3rd molar, which starts developing around the age of 17. This doesn't cause issues/problems in everybody. In some people, the jaw is too small to accommodate the 3rd molar (an extra tooth), and hence this molar starts growing in weird ways, causing infection to the neighboring teeth n stuff like that.

The only fleeting association of the poor teeth/tooth with Wisdom is the time at which this molar starts growing, which coincides the time when we "begin to grow up"...

My dentist informed me last night that, thankfully, I won't face too many issues cos of wisdom teeth!

Plus it was also fun at the dentist's last night cos of the strawberry flavoured anaesthetic that he applied on my gums...I was all "pfth sasfht flthtlh" for a while :D

No comments: