Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Marriagehouse blues

So we're all having dinner at the table, and the decibel level is some 100s of dBs as usual, when my dad says the following :

"Chapra chenagi haakidaare alva?" (He is asking us whether the rectangular shady structure consisting of plaintain sticks, mango leaves and in general green plant stuff, is good or not?)

We all shout out in a cacophony of voices, that it is indeed of admirable splendour (not good to not agree with dad during tense times aye? :D )

My cousin chooses this moment to exclaim that the chapra is "corporate"...And then he made some hand gestures in the air, and some more incoherent words were uttered to substantiate his proclamation! My brother and I looked at each other with a "what!?" in our faces...

Wise saying in kannada :

Mane katti nodu
Maduve maadi nodu

4 comments:

Krishna said...

"Mane katti nodu
Maduve maadi nodu"

A truism.

Hey I wanna see the chapra photos. Chapra photos kalso chappar.

Unknown said...

I saw the chapra in front of his house yesterday on the way back home...

Unknown said...

and u dint take snaps :whip!

Murali said...

Hello all chappra fans,

I have taken a photo on my phone. I will send it to satisfy your lust soon.