Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ooooooooooooom

Shivraj kumaaru kissige damaaru !!

Welcome friends to an outright movie review of mine....This post will talk about nothing else but the movie Om, which after religiously and illegally bunking office I managed to catch with my dosts (who wish to remain unnamed :P ), in a rather acoustically exuberant theater called nalanda.

This was a movie which had fascinated me some ten years ago, when my brother and his friends who had watched it had described it to me. Basically they managed to create a picture of the movie that it was a bad, wicked radikaal movie ! And since then I have wanted to watch it.....

And as I was perusing thru the daily news paper, lo behold ! Its here in Bangalore and playing ! Instant "sketches" start forming in my head..... I decide that I HAVE to watch it this time.... Had been tryin to get a cd of Om for a long time too...

So we finally make it to the 4.30 show and movie has already started. Following points abt movie are noteworthy

1. How amazing and bold and unique it was for its time
2. How powerfully the concept of love has been shown
3. How well, the capabilities of a woman and the weaknesses of a man have been depicted.
4. Cunning symbolism
5. Some typical upendra like dialogues, with a sting
6. Good casting and damn good acting by Mr Shiv raj

I think I am done...Most boring blog to date?

2 comments:

Madhu said...

Comaaaa
ooooo!!!

:)
and the music!! amazing...

Pradeep said...

shanti theatre-alli alva noDiddu?