Monday, October 04, 2010

You

You
are in my head
well fed (smirk)
All those thoughts, all those things
suppressed, unsaid.

You
You're there so often
An association with so many things in my life.
Popping up like a corn in the oven, the ACT II type
Haunting, indelible, etched

Like the grip of a python
Slow, torturous, comforting
Without the sweet "release"* of death
You come to me and turn the screws
Screw me over and over.

At an arm's length without doing anything.
And then suffocatingly close.
Feeling "kicked" again, I groin in agony.
And there you are again, drawing the ropes in...

And then, the realization
liberating. rendered helpless...
Is it you or is it me?
Are you real?!?
Took the hard route instead of kickin you out - check
Persevered when I COULD've given up - check
You are an image, an illusion, a projection on water.
All my doing, my thoughts, my mind and matter.
ME.

*Spot the irony contest.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

kalaakaar agogidya... hmmm...

Usha said...

Ishtella serious aagi yochisbeda pa...:)

Murali said...

@Girisha : Hmmm...
@Usha : Yaake?

Unknown said...

"You come to me and turn the screws
Screw me over and over."
This read after realizing the irony.. ROTFL :D

Murali "calling" Murali - please replace the quoted word with an appropriate word from above :D :P :)

Murali said...

@Naren : Interesting interpretation of "release" in the context of a python's grip and 'sweet release of death' :)

Morbid and perverse...Nice!

Well, I think I understand what word you the quoted word to be replaced with :)
Once again, very "interesting" interpretation/view of the post!

Deepthi said...

Did you mean, 'I groan in agony'?