Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chained?

Are all events in this big, bad world chained, somehow? Indirectly? Remotely?
Or atleast, do some events have the ability to influence others? Like, the choices that you make take not only your life and the events in a day of your life in one, out of two, lanes, BUT it ALSO influences actions/events/happenings that you're very very remotely linked/associated to?

Wait lemme give you an example...

Recently, a friend of mine did something she has not done in her whole late teen/adult life...She asked me whether I'd wanna join her n her friends to watch a movie tonight...Me being a super crazy Manchester United fan turned down her offer, I'm sure much to her surprise and a little bit of chagrin, cos there was a big game on at the same time as the movie...Of course, the times overlapped in just the right way, so that I was very tempted to consider the generous offer and try to watch the movie as well as catch a bit of the match...

Which is what I probably should've done....

Cos as if to taunt me, the Man Utd players turned up for the big occasion with cold feet! One of the world's biggest soccer clubs, who I've watched tear clubs apart week in week out, grind out and sometimes conjure up magical results, collapsed under the sheer pressure of the stage! How they could perform so below their usual high standards is beyond me...

Until I started thinking a bit out of the box...What if, my choice had been different? What if I'd given up the match to watch the movie? What'd have happened then? I know you're shaking ur head with a smirk on ur face, which conveys the expression "oh come ON Murali...even for ur standards, u are stretching it a bit here", but stay with me for a moment....

We've all seen those interesting, intricate setups (notably a long car ad, i forget the manufacturer's name) : a ball falling on a stick, which taps a cardboard piece, which switches on a fan, which blows sand into....... What if the world is one such huuuuuuuuuge, complicated, mess of organized events? What if it is all pre-programmed? What if it isn't? If its not, then who makes the rules? Or are we all wildly spinning out of control, constantly and precisely, just enough to stay alive and stay sane?

Well, after this post no guarantees can be made about the "sane" part for me...


P.S : I'm pretty sure there're are quite a few loopholes in this theory... the "if it is so, then how do you explain...?"s ...You know where to click :)

7 comments:

Krishna said...

You chump! That was the reason you didn't come? I knew I shouldve called you instead of asking Esh to ask you. I wouldve easily convinced you.

Unknown said...

Whatever man!
"Reds burned the devils" :D :D

Murali said...

@Kris
If only you had such a fanaticism, you would understand...

@Srini
"Nothing lasts forever, even cold november rain..."
So watch what you say...Shouldn't be a case of won the battle, but lost the war...

Goley said...

I really feel things are linked in some way. basically there are many paths, which one would u take . you know, how u go on google maps to look for a address. And different routes land u int he same place. but u got stuck in a traffic jam, wat if u had taken the other route.
damn, i think i am just relaying today's experience :-P

Unknown said...

are u trying to say if u had watched the movee, "man u" could have won in some intricately connected way?

Murali said...

@Griz :
Yes...very much a possibility...
And "could" is a key word there yeah...

Unknown said...

hmmm... tats deep man... quite deep. :P